Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas with Mickey

This picture pretty much sums up Elizabeth's experience at Disney - pure amazement.  We arrived at the Magic Kingdom on Christmas Eve just in time for the parade.  Believe it or not, we didn't plan this, it just all worked out.  We planned on getting a hot dog on Main Street (old tradition from my younger days of going to Disney) and ended up getting a great view of the parade from a table that "magically" became available.  Needless to say, Elizabeth did not eat her hot dog, much less anything else when we were away from the hotel.  She survived on drinkable yogurt, crackers, and cheese in the mornings and late evenings before bed.  Well, I'm lying, she did eat some ice cream at the parks.  We really enjoyed our trip - three days and three nights of fun and excitement.  We ate dinner with Cinderella on Christmas Eve, breakfast with Tigger & Pooh Christmas morning, breakfast again the morning after with Mickey and friends, and managed to get to the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Disney's Hollywood Studios!  I can't express how wonderful it was to watch Elizabeth - it brought back memories of the days I went to Disney with my family - very special.  I will post the link to all of the photos tomorrow (hopefully).  

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I love the picture and can just imagine what an absolutely wonderful memory making time you all had together. I would have loved watching Elizabeth and seeing her expressions of amazement and surprize